New online directory helps with tracking events
Helena Stewart | Commercial Solutions Marketing Manager, Elsevier
Scientific and medical events provide an ideal opportunity to disseminate new research and network with peers. However, keeping track of upcoming events can be a challenge, especially with details spread far and wide across the web.
The newly launched Elsevier GLOBALEVENTSLIST aims to provide a central online directory of conferences, symposia, exhibitions and meetings.
Researchers can post information about their upcoming events, free of charge, as well as create personalized alerts.
The website allows visitors to:
- Quickly locate events around the world
- Access key information to help prioritize attendance
- Interact with other delegates and provide feedback on event experiences
- Plan ahead by adding events of interest to their calendars
- Stay updated by creating personal event alerts about upcoming events in their area(s) of interest
Alerts can be personalized by:
- Type of event – conferences, symposia, meetings
- Subject area – more than 100 scientific disciplines
- Location – more than 200 areas worldwide
If you sign up to set your alert preferences by 31st March, you could win an Apple iPad.
The website also offers a range of support services to help with the organization and promotion of events.